Friday, April 11, 2014

Finally at Martha's Vineyard!

It has been a long wait, but I have finally made it to Martha's Vineyard, MA, all safe and sound and ready to start my nine-month internship at the Polly Hill Arboretum. It was a two-day drive, covering more than 900 miles in my loaded-down Lumina. My mother and I took the mountain way, and I got a chance to see the sunset on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

New England proved to be an interesting place, right from the start. The houses are different, the air is colder and things are just a tad more expensive. But it is beautiful, especially on Martha's Vineyard (Land Bank map). About one third of the land is permanently conserved on the island, so it has remained quite rural.

Below are my photos of my journey to the island and my first day on it:




Magnolia macrophylla 'Julian Hill'

No comments:

Post a Comment