Friday, November 28, 2014

Adventures in the Polly Mobile 2: Pre-Departure from Martha's Vineyard

The first day of my internship at the Polly Hill Arboretum I pulled up in my '99 Chevy Lumina, the gold one with the green hood, next to another Chevy Lumina that was the same green color as my hood. After many chuckles from the staff, I learned the car was Polly's and they lovingly referred to it as the Polly Mobile. Of course the "old lady car" that my Lumina is would stick it to me that first day and my car became the Polly Mobile 2.

(Click the photo for more photos!)

https://plus.google.com/photos/111347412005630173979/albums/6088413692404802993?authkey=CJT26NqrjMytXQ
State Beach Road, looking towards Oak Bluffs.

As I was planning my trip back down to North Carolina from Martha's Vineyard, Tim Boland asked about what adventures the Polly Mobile 2 would take and that instantly had to be the name of my epic two-week expedition through New England and down the East Coast. So, for the next two weeks look out for the random moments, horticultural or otherwise, that will make up my trip in the Polly Mobile 2.

~

I should have been doing more packing than exploring the day before I left Martha's Vineyard, but with snow on the ground when I woke up and such a gorgeous afternoon peeking out of the clouds in the afternoon, who could stay inside? Well, needless to say, it was a long night. Totally worth the opportunity for farewells and reflection though.

No comments:

Post a Comment