Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Whirlwind Day of Horticulture-y Happenings

It was quite a day of horticulture!

I spent the morning at the J.C. Raulston Arboretum; riding with Tim and catching up on his trip to Colorado, mulching and pruning with the Tuesday Rovers and chatting with Elizabeth Overcash, the children's program coordinator, about programs.

Then, back to the apartment to chat with Kathleen Moore about working on the North Carolina Master Gardener's Manual and developing mini labs to teach future Master Gardeners the material in a fun way, while making the program's manageable for the extension agents delivering the lessons.

Finally, I chatted with Tom Clark, from the Polly Hill Arboretum, about what they had going on at the arboretum and what he was think about for my upcoming collections management internship with them. After an hour and a half of asking poor Tom a notebook page front and back of photos, I feel like I know Polly Hill much better and I am even more excited about what my future holds there.

Check out the photo smorgasbord. It's just a sampling of observations.


No comments:

Post a Comment